I am taking it really incredibly easy this weekend because we are home for the first time in forever and I have no super urgent work to do (just kidding, Bob, I promise I’m working on those book edits). I’m plugging away at some cookbook projects and tomorrow I’ll be making some videos for a new partnership (good thing I went out and got a sunburn today), but today and yesterday I mostly just hung out at the beach, soaking up the sun and the ocean and the summer. It has been everything I needed and more.
Some highlights & whatnot from the past few weeks:
- I had my 10 year high school reunion! It was awkward. And then we drank more, and it was less awkward. I didn’t really realize how awkward a person I am until that moment. Being with people who knew you when you were a teen makes you feel like a teen again, huh?
- Beach, beach, beach, beach, beach, marsh. The Dream.
- Dan had a massive allergic reaction to a cat (not his first, but the worst yet) so I was up until 3am on Friday making sure he didn’t die. He didn’t, thanks Benadryl for the help. Now I need to start pressuring him to go to an allergy specialist.
- I was lucky enough to add a pair of tieks to my wardrobe this weekend and now I think I have a new favorite shoe (close your ears, birks). They are like perfect little clouds for your feet.
- Our house is really coming together, and I’m loving it. I’ll do a little home tour soon once we get a few things set into place, but it’s 95% there and it feels so good.
- I didn’t realize you were supposed to have chickens in your kitchen (for luck? Maybe?) but now that I know it’s important I have some chicken prints. I’m not one to mess with good fortune.
- I say this all the time but we are so rich in friends and community in Wilmington. This weekend has been so full of time spent with amazing and kind and inspirational people. We are so lucky. It almost makes me want to say #soblessed. But I won’t.
- Wilmington Brewing Co, the best. Forever.
And that is it. Go forth, eat a po’ boy. Float in the waves. Enjoy the summer breeze.