- Flowers, everywhere. It’s beautiful out there, and I can feel spring in the air. Come on, warm weather. We’re ready for you.
- River was pathetic for approximately two minutes after her spay and then she was back to being her usual self. She got rewarded with a new collar (Grey Paw) and tag (Cropscotch). She promptly broke the tag in half.
It’s a metal tag for her, I guess. Any recommendations? I just ordered her this replacement.
- Now that it’s March I’ve decided to take my list making up to a new level. I keep a hand written to do list because my phone is too easy to ignore. People whose opinions I trust love bullet journaling, so I’m trying that.
- I have eaten basically nothing but smoothies and refried beans this week. And apples. Blame the nausea, it’s all I want to eat. My most brilliant smoothie combo? Frozen bananas, almond milk, coffee ice cubes, and a tablespoon of hot chocolate mix. The best unexpected perk of teaching is taking home the brown bananas at the end of the week and throwing them in the freezer.
- Speaking of nausea I started taking clomid this week, which will theoretically help with the PCOS induced things going on with my body. I’m not going into details about any of this infertility stuff because some things definitely deserve to be private, but I did decide that if I’m not pregnant by my birthday (July) I’m going to buy myself a road bike and start training for a triathlon. I’m following Dr’s orders and taking 2014 off marathon running, but if our family remains two humans and two dogs in 2015 I’m going to train for an ultramarathon. And that is that. No looking back, no regrets.
- I am working on a really exciting book proposal right now and because of that I’ve been cooking all. the. time. Which I guess is not really that new for me. But it’s still exciting, this early phase of the process. The later phase is more hair-pulling-out.
- I saw the Carolina Chocolate Drops on Wednesday here in Wilmington. They were amazing.
- One of my favorite yoga instructors taught Hot Power Flow last night, so I went after work. I haven’t really been taking hot classes for the past few months, instead I’ve been enjoying a combination of Power Flow and yin, but I loved everything about last night’s class. I forgot how the heat opens up your joints and allows you to work into poses that are difficult or unavailable in room temperature classes. I’ll definitely be working a hot class or two a week back into my routine.
- This weekend is wide open, one of the last weekends in the foreseeable future where I have nothing scheduled. I am going to run, I am going to mop my kitchen floor, and I am going to buy house plants. I know, I’m killing it.